The current Gas (Switching Arrangements) Rules 2008 (the Rules) came into effect on 14 September 2015.
The Rules have the purpose of enabling consumers to choose, and alternate, efficiently and satisfactorily between competing retailers.
The Rules provide for:
- the appointment of a Registry Operator;
- the establishment, population and operation of the registry, which stores key technical parameters about every customer installation and facilitates and monitors each customer switch from initiation through to completion;
- the management of information held by the registry;
- a process for switching consumers between retailers;
- audits of registry participants; and
- a process for dealing with retailer insolvency
The Developing Section of this work programme will contain any consultations that Gas Industry Co is currently consulting on. There are no current consultations.
The Background Section contains the original development of the Rules, along with subsequent reviews and amendments and previous consultations.