Gas Industry Co has published the document Security and Reliability Update (S&R Update) following the release of earlier documents in April 2016: Gas Transmission Security and Reliability Issues Paper (Issues Paper) and an Analysis of Submissions on that paper. The S&R Update can be found in Related Documents below.
During the review of security and reliability (S&R), the two gas transmission systems came under the single ownership of First Gas Limited. As part of its submission on the Issues Paper, First Gas noted the importance of S&R to its business, and its desire to improve related communications, including continued constructive discussions with Gas industry Co, shippers and end-users. This was borne out by First Gas engaging widely with stakeholders in the course of preparing its initial Asset Management Plan (New AMP), including an update on key projects.
The S&R Update reviews how matters now stand in relation to S&R, including an assessment of First Gas’s New AMP, and other S&R-related developments.
The Issues Paper, Analysis of Submissions, and Submissions received on the Issues Paper are available here.
The April 2016 Issues Paper referred to above focussed on security and reliability of the gas transmission system:
- introducing key gas transmission S&R concepts;
- reviewing available security and reliability information for each transmission system;
- discussing current commercial and regulatory arrangements for gas transmission that support S&R;
- analysing what is required to achieve effective gas transmission S&R and considering whether all of those elements are present in current New Zealand arrangements; and
- drawing conclusions from the preceding analysis and proposing a number of action points